Kentucky Career Center is Northern Kentucky’s largest and most diverse workforce resource for businesses and job seekers. The center connects job seekers to career opportunities and helps businesses meet their workforce needs. There are six convenient career center locations throughout Northern Kentucky.
The Kentucky Career Center is overseen by the Northern Kentucky Workforce Investment Board, a volunteer board predominantly made up of local businesses. Visit the Kentucky Career Center web site for more details.
Most businesses are eligible to access Kentucky Career Center services. The following are some popular examples of our customers:
- Businesses looking to fill their open positions
- Businesses needing workforce training (incumbent workers, OJT, apprenticeships, etc.)
- Businesses experiencing workforce reductions, layoffs, or closures
- Businesses wanting assistance with their recruitment, pre-screening, and hiring tax incentives
Who does the Program Benefit / What are the Benefits?
Kentucky Career Center provides businesses with easy access to workforce development resources and job seekers with the professional support they need to obtain a new career.
Services Offered for Businesses
- Recruitment, Pre-Hire, and Placement Assistance
- Posting Job Openings at No Cost
- Pre-screening candidates
- Usage of facilities for employer interviews
- Coordination of job fairs and hiring events
- Focus | Talent - a job matching system allowing employers to recruit job seekers locally, regionally, and nationally
- Employee Technical Skills Training (in partnership with Gateway Community and Technical College)
- Employee Soft Skills Training / Performance Training and Development
- Rapid Response (for employers experiencing a reduction in workforce)
- Rapid Response provides services to companies and employees experiencing layoffs or company closures. A team of representatives go on-site to local companies to provide support to the affected employees and assist the company with the transition process.
- Assistance for Military Veterans
- Facilitation of Pre-hire and Post-employment assessments
- Provision of On-the-job training services (restrictions apply)
- Evaluation of business facilities for ADA compliance
- Assistance with employer tax credits and incentives
For more information, please contact or visit any of the Kentucky Career Center locations.