A Kentucky State funded program designed to supplement the care grandparents who are primary caregivers of their grandchildren are providing.
Eligibility requirements for the Kentucky Family Caregiver Program are as follows:
- Grandparent must be the primary caregiver of a child or children who are no more than 18 years of age
- Grandparent must be related by blood, through marriage, or adoption
- Grandparent must meet the income eligibility guidelines of 150% of poverty for the household size for the current year
- Neither the child nor the grandparent can receive Kinship care funds and qualify for this program
- Grandparent must be a Kentucky resident
- The parent of the child may not be living in the home
Who does the Program Benefit / What are the Benefits?
Grandparent caregivers who meet the eligibility criteria may receive financial assistance or supportive services including information about available services such as support groups and counseling; assistance in gaining access to services; and financial assistance that may be used to purchase clothing, respite, educational supplies, and other expenses that are authorized by program staff.