Kentucky Career Center is Northern Kentucky’s largest and most diverse workforce resource for businesses and job seekers. The center connects job seekers to career opportunities and helps businesses meet their workforce needs. There are six convenient career center locations throughout Northern Kentucky.
The Kentucky Career Center is overseen by the Northern Kentucky Workforce Investment Board, a volunteer board predominantly made up of local businesses. Visit the Kentucky Career Center web site for more details.
Most individuals are eligible to access Kentucky Career Center services. The following are some popular examples of our customers:
- Individuals laid off from their previous jobs
- Individuals seeking new career opportunities
- Individuals needing career training, coaching, and/or resume services
- Individuals with disabilities or needing workforce accommodations
Who does the Program Benefit / What are the Benefits?
Kentucky Career Center provides businesses with easy access to workforce development resources and job seekers with the professional support they need to obtain a new career.
Services Offered for Job Seekers
- One-On-One Career Counseling
- Focus | Career- a job matching system allowing individuals to view local job openings, explore high-demand careers, and apply for jobs.
- Mock Interviewing
- Job Search Success Workshops and Networking Groups
- Career exploration and marketability assessment
- Connection to Local Training Programs for Jobs in High-Demand
- Receive Grant Funding Towards Tuition Costs (some restrictions apply)
- Obtain an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Certification, or Other Credential
- Become more Marketable to Potential Employers
- Employment Services and Job Search Assistance
- Job referrals to open positions in the region
- Employment resources
- Job search assistance
- National Career Readiness Certificate and Skill Assessment Services
- Onsite preparation and/or testing for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Provision of the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Resume Services
- Senior Community Service Employment Project (Job training and placement services to individuals 55 and older)
- Specialized Services for Individuals with Disabilities
- Unemployment Insurance Assistance
- Information and assistance with filing or maintaining an Unemployment Insurance claim.
- Eligibility reviews (Florence, Covington, and Carrollton locations)
- Veteran Services
- Assistance with accessing Veterans' benefits, training, and other employment resources for our Veteran Heroes.
- Financial Education/Counseling
- Youth Services - Education, training, internship opportunities, and job placement assistance to individuals between ages 16-24. Visit our Youth Services page for more information.
For more information, please contact or visit any of the Kentucky Career Center locations.