A Kentucky State funded program designed to supplement the care grandparents who are primary caregivers of their grandchildren are providing.
Eligibility requirements for the Kentucky Family Caregiver Program are as follows:
- Grandparent must be the primary caregiver of a child or children who are no more than 18 years of age
- Grandparent must be related by blood, through marriage, or adoption
- Grandparent must meet the income eligibility guidelines of 150% of poverty for the household size for the current year
- Neither the child nor the grandparent can receive Kinship care funds and qualify for this program
- Grandparent must be a Kentucky resident
- The parent of the child may not be living in the home
Who does the Program Benefit / What are the Benefits?
Grandparent caregivers who meet the eligibility criteria may receive financial assistance or supportive services including information about available services such as support groups and counseling; assistance in gaining access to services; and financial assistance that may be used to purchase clothing, respite, educational supplies, and other expenses that are authorized by program staff.
For more information, please contact the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 859.692.2480 or 866.766.2372 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.